The farmer carry is no longer only reserved for the strongman it is a movement for everyone to improve whole body strength and capacity. It’s such a simple yet effective exercise-pick heavy shit up carry it for a set distance or timed effort and put it down again.
- Grab 2 kettlebells or farmers carry handles about half body weight
- Stand between them with feet under you hips and KBs just in front of your ankles.
- Squeeze your shoulder blades together
- Take a big breath in and brace your core.
- With a firm grip on the handles
- Drive through your heels and stand tall
- Looking straight ahead and take small consistent steps
- Every 4mins for 4 rounds
- 200m run
- 20 air squats
- Max metre farmer carry in the remaining time
By Andy Ginn
For Time (30 min cap)
300 male / 200 female calories on a Ski/Bike Erg/ Row
Complete 2 x Ground to Shoulder at minimum 60% bodyweight (go heavy, test yourself)
THIS WORKOUT IS AS MUCH A MENTAL TEST AS IT IS PHYSICAL. GO HARD. IGNORE THE VOICES IN YOUR HEAD WHEN YOU ARE 10 MINUTES IN…