98 Gym Pty Ltd (ABN 93 143 131 131) and 98 Training Pty Ltd (ABN 35 639 004 452) their subsidiaries and affiliates in Australia (collectively referred to as “98 Gym”) are committed to managing personal information in accordance with the Australian Privacy Principles under the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (Privacy Act) and in accordance with other applicable privacy laws.
About 98 Gym
98 Gym is a results focused gym that aims to achieve the highest standards for itself and its members.
98 Gym offers a complete range of fitness and training services at our gym located at 98 Riley Street, Darlinghurst, NSW, or via our website located at www.98training.com. Our services include providing you with exercise and training programs, personal training, fitness classes and access to gym and training equipment.
- What information do we collect? 98 Gym will, from time to time, collect, receive and store personal information you enter onto our website, provide to us directly or give to us in other forms. We collect information from you so that we can deliver our services to you and learn about how we can improve the provision of those services. The information we use and collect includes:Personal information (has the meaning given to it in the Privacy Act) includes your name and contact information; date of birth; preferred communication methods; business name (in the case of a corporate membership) and business address; bank details and/or credit card details and your objectives and interests. We also create information that becomes part of the personal information we hold about you, such as your membership number and the products that you purchase from us from time to time. We may also collect and create details on joint members and other family members, where applicable, including family members under the age of 18.Sensitive information (has the meaning given to it in the Privacy Act) includes your health information and/or biometric information. While we do not generally collect all of your sensitive information, we do collect your health information to the extent that it is required to assess your readiness for physical exercise and general fitness. CCTV footage from cameras located in our gym for health and security reasons Social media posts which includes personal information, photos or comments that you post on our website or via social media platforms such as Facebook, Instagram or Twitter; Photographs of you that we take or which you provide to us Survey information that we collect from you when we ask you to provide us with feedback or research so that we can improve our services Additionally, we may also collect any other information you provide while interacting with us.
- How we use of your personal information 98 Gym may use personal information collected from you to administer your membership, communicate with you, book classes or training sessions, provide you with information, updates and our services. We may also process payments and maintain accounts and records, carry out market research, send newsletters, make you aware of new and additional products, services and opportunities available to you. We may use your personal information to improve our products and services and better understand your needs.We use health information provided by you so that we can assess your general health, wellbeing and your fitness for physical exercise. If we need to collect sensitive information (such as health information), we will not collect that information unless we have first obtained your consent.We also use social media platforms to undertake marketing activities to offer you products and services, to promote our website. 98 Gym may also use personal information to contact you by a variety of measures including, but not limited to telephone, email, sms or mail.
- Access to your personal information You may request details of personal information that we hold about you in accordance with the provisions of the Privacy Act. A small administrative fee may be payable for the provision of information. If you would like a copy of the information which we hold about you or believe that any information we hold on you is inaccurate, out of date, incomplete, irrelevant or misleading, please email us at [email protected] will take reasonable steps to ensure that the personal information we collect, use or disclose is accurate, complete and up-to-date. You can help us to do this by letting us know if you notice errors or discrepancies in information we hold about you and letting us know if your personal details change.However, if you consider any personal information we hold about you is inaccurate, out-of-date, incomplete, irrelevant or misleading you are entitled to request correction of the information. After receiving a request from you, we will take reasonable steps to correct your information. We reserve the right to refuse to provide you with information that we hold about you, in certain circumstances set out in the Privacy Act.
- How long will we keep your personal information
- legal and regulatory requirements and guidance;
- limitation periods that apply in respect of taking legal action;
- our ability to defend ourselves against legal claims and complaints; good practice; and
- the operational requirements of our business. We take steps to destroy or de-identify information that we no longer require or as required by an applicable law. We will securely and permanently delete your identifying personal information when:
- there is no justification for its further retention, or
- you have asked us to delete it
- Complaints about privacy If you have any complaints about our privacy practices, please feel free to send in details of your complaints to 98 Riley Street, Darlinghurst, NSW 2010, Australia. We take complaints very seriously and will respond shortly after receiving written notice of your complaint.